Rob Papen Predator 2 Virtual Instrument Review
Product: Rob Papen Predator 2 Virtual Instrument Review
Price: £119.00 GB
Powerful Virtual Synthesizer Software
Almost 6000 Rich-Sounding Presets
PC: 32 & 64 bits VST & AAX for Windows Vista / Windows 7/ Windows 8/ Windows 10
Mac: 32 & 64 bits AU, VST and AAX, for OSX 10.6 or higher.
Warranty: 2 years
30 Day Money Back guarantee.
Rob Papen Predator 2 Virtual Instrument Review.
This Rob Papen Predator 2 Virtual Instrument is a very powerful softsynth. The Rob Papen Predator comes with almost 6000 presets which is really inspiring. Having this many presets means you can make music with very little programming just run through the presets already installed and get going.
Great Software for a Great Price.
One thing I really like about this software is the ‘Easy Page’. If you don’t like to many controls and intimidating synthesis pages, ‘Easy Page’ offers a simple way to change parameters with ease. Easy Page really does deliver. This is why I’m promoting it to my ‘Getting Started’ readers. The system will randomly select a preset for very fast instant sounds that will inspire you for the music sake and not as a software programmer.
Creating Your Own Sounds.
The software is so versatile when it comes to creating your own sounds. It has the ability to mix and morph between a variety of waves for optimal control. Eight user waves! There is a unison mode and chord editing functions.
The unison mode gives you up to 6 unison sub-voices for a fuller richer sound.
Morph Between Sounds
This feature in Predator 2 lets you easily ‘Morph’ between two different waveforms (sounds) which is so convenient when it comes to producing your own sounds for your music. You can blend one waveform with another to create different sounds. Just like turning up a volume control all you do is to dial one sound into another until you get a new sound you want.
I find this a really easy way to fashion new sounds, again it’s designed for the musician not the programmer. Very easy to use.
There are two different fillers you can use. Filters allow you to change the amount of low or high frequencies passing through the chain. Also, ADSR – which stands for Attack Decay Sustain Release.
Attack is the time taken for initial run-up of level from nil to peak, beginning when the key is pressed.
Decay is the time taken for the subsequent run down from the attack level to the designated sustain level.
Sustain is the level during the main sequence of the sound’s duration, until the key is released.
Release is the time taken for the level to decay from the sustain level to zero after the key is released.
All the master dials for panning volume and the ADSR. Also, distortion modes and EQ.
- Each oscillator is now dual, using two different waves (including the 8 user waves), with a variety of different waves of mixing / morphing between them
- Each preset can hold up to 8 user waves, which can be combined into wave-sets, which can be traversed in different ways
- Each user wave is editable, using up to 256 partials, and with advanced commands to edit & shape these wave tables. Included with Predator 2 are many wave-tables and wave-sets
- Each filter & oscillator is now fully stereo
- Much expanded second filter, with full controls & envelopes, plus a 3rd high pass filter
- Improved unison mode, so that you can now have up-to 6 unison sub-voices for each full voice, allowing unison to work in all play modes
- XY screen, with recordable paths, which can be used to modulate all the controls
- Dual Arp ( A & B) , with join mode allowing you to have up 32 step Arp. Plus new Sequencer Arp mode
- Increased envelopes & LFOs (up from 2 to 4)
- Increased number of modulation steps (from 8 to 20), with advanced modulation mode allowing you to step limits & upper / lower amounts
- Improved chord editing
- Dual 3 band EQ with low / high pass filter which can be used pre / post of the effects
- Each section can have it’s own presets, and commands such as clearing / copying / pasting
- Easy mode
- Big Screen mode
- Much improved preset management, with find mode & tagging
- Almost 6000 presets
Here is a great YouTube video that lets your hear the sounds I’ve been talking about.
As a musician who likes to get sounds quickly and not have to programme I really like this Softsynth. The ‘Easy Page’ lets you get going with the creative vibe quickly and easily. Love that.
I hope you enjoyed this post and if you have any questions about the Rob Papen Predator 2, or you want to add to this post, please leave a comment